Beneath the Dust

My 2005 attempt at NaNoWriMo.. lessee how well it goes this year. ^^; A series of interconnected short stories, all taking place in the same room, over the course of maybe a hundred or two years, showing the similarities despite the differences in the human experience over time, showing what remains in the room even when the people have gone..

Monday, February 13, 2006


[note]

That last story was the final one I worked on for NaNoWriMo, for anyone who was keeping count. I got most of the way through it, and then basically died. meh. And then.. that wasn't exactly the easiest story to go back to, as I'm sure you can imagine. So I wrote about a page more, somewhere between December and February, and finally made myself finish it. Then it took awhile to get back on track.. so as of five minutes ago, I've just about finished the next one. ^^; So yeah, a little bad. This'll be number eighteen, and I've gotta have.. oh goodness, really, like twice this amount for the site. Here's hoping I get lots of spurts of inspiration in the next few weeks. I'm thinking I might start writing some of them a good bit shorter, though.. thinking about the venue for these, that really might be a better idea in any event, and with some stories, they really don't need to be terribly long. (Part of the problem is that when I switched over into a new notebook, the new one was physically larger, as well as college ruled. Yeah. So I'd been used to writing like near ten pages per story in the first notebook, which is really like three or four pages in the new one. But I felt I should write like seven.. so, yes.)

I'm done rambling. Really. Just letting you know updates will be a little all over the place.. hopefully not too unreasonable though, I reallyneed all these stories done in like a month or two. So.. cheers of encouragement much appreciated. ^^;;

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home