Beneath the Dust

My 2005 attempt at NaNoWriMo.. lessee how well it goes this year. ^^; A series of interconnected short stories, all taking place in the same room, over the course of maybe a hundred or two years, showing the similarities despite the differences in the human experience over time, showing what remains in the room even when the people have gone..

Sunday, November 20, 2005


[intro]

using a blogger template for now, eventually.. well, really, I plan to someday have a full, interactive flash site for these stories, once they're edited and polished and done up all nicely.. but long before that, I'll probably re-do the page here to do my own thing, though the template's nice and straightforward for now.

there's a blurb above on the general gist of this endeavor, but in addition to that.. there is no real order to these stories. read them in whatever order you will. (on the website, you will have little choice about this, intentionally. bwahaha.) each story is a different time period, different people, some may be related, others not.. watch for carry-over of objects and elements of the room, as the room the stories are set in will be the one constant. all of these take place in the same room, of the same house, with the same walls and the same floorboards.

I'm ganking story ideas from everywhere and everyone for this, I'm woefully behind schedule as usual but I'm doing much better than last year - possibly partly because I haven't been keeping up on typing this up. ^^; I have a story and a half typed so far, out of the bit-more-than-seven I have written, updates on here will most likely be pretty sporadic as I stress out over getting to 50,000 words by the end of the month (check out nanowrimo's site if you're new to the idea, it's a crazy but fabulous concept), but I will get the rough draft all here eventually. in fairness to me.. please don't judge too harshly, this is all written for quantity more than quality (though I have my lapses), and what you're seeing is.. well, about version 1.3, I'm making sliiight slight modifications when I type, mostly fixing spelling and the occasional tense error, I've added maybe five little bits of description while typing. so yeah, this is really, really rough still. no-one is under any compulsion whatsoever to read, it's just here cos people asked. *g*

but what I'd started out meaning to say just now *giggles*.. if something in a story sounds familiar, like you read it somewhere, or something similar happened to someone I know.. you're probably right. I've been very conscious of just how much I've been drawing from all sorts of sources with this, more so than before..not that it's by any means blatant anywhere, but it's interesting to me to look at, and be able to trace where things came from.. which, really, I guess just adds another layer to the concepts behind writing these. :)

super thanks to friends and family for encouragement and ideas and word-help.. especially to my tom, who's not only putting up with me holing up on my own and writing tons, but who's also given me some ridiculously good story ideas. thank you somuch, and thanks to everyone else for their help as well. <3

feel free to comment, whether on story, characters, ideas, or because I've got a spelling or grammar or typing mistake that got past the spellchecks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home